Jolyn B. Parker
- VP External Relations for San Diego OASIS
- Empire State College, State University of New York- BPA, Professional Studies in Nonprofit Management
- Fashion Institute of Technology, State University of New York- A.A.S., Marketing/Merchandising
Jolyn has extensive experience in marketing and brand planning, retail management, strategic and operational planning, business development and community outreach, as well as extensive volunteer involvement in nonprofit organizations. In addition to her work at OASIS, she serves on the board of Community Health Improvement Partners, and San Diego Symphony Notables Committee.
Vice Board Chair
- Stiefel Behner Charitable Fund-Philanthropist & Retired City Planner
- San Diego State University-B.A. & Master’s Degree Candidate, Political Science
Keith is the son of a career Naval Officer and was raised primarily in Coronado, as well as Hawaii and Brazil. He earned a B.A. in political science from San Diego State University, and is an SDSU Monty Award recipient. Keith is married to Catherine Stiefel, a CPA, graduate of the SDSU College of Business, and a fellow Monty Award winner. Keith and Catherine are active supporters to numerous nonprofits–at the local, national, and international level–with the focus areas of foster education, environmental sustainability, and social justice.
- Brandes Investment Partners, L.P. – Client Portfolio Manager
- Alliant International University – M.B.A.
- University of California, San Diego – B.A., Theatre
Lisa has more than ten years of investment experience and a background in community relations, education, and planning. Prior to joining Brandes, Lisa worked for Merrill Lynch. Lisa serves on a condo association board, has volunteered at BLCI for 2 years and is a Big Brother Big Sisters San Diego Mentor.
- Ross Partners – Founding Partner/Retired University Professor
- University of Southern California, Ph.D. & M.S., Health Services Administration
Joyce has over 30 years experience in organizational development, leadership training, and human resources consulting. In addition to her role at Ross Partners, she was also a Professor of Public Administration at San Diego State University. Joyce currently devotes a majority of her time providing pro-bono consulting to nonprofit organizations through San Diego Social Venture Partners. She has also served as a Board Member with Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest, the San Dieguito School District Personnel Commission, and San Diego Social Venture Partners.
- HP, Inc. – Executive Director and Chief of Staff
- Regis College – B.A.
- Director of Workforce Development Manpower
- USC Marshall School of Business – M.B.A.
- University of Pennsylvania – B.A., International Relations
A native of San Diego, Trevor has over 13 years of experience in staffing, HR and workforce development. After 5 years with Manpower based in Sydney, Australia, he moved back to San Diego with the company in 2006. As Workforce Development Manager, Trevor’s focus is on developing partnerships with public, private and not-for-profit organizations to address workforce development needs in the greater San Diego region. His community involvement centers on leadership and employment issues. Trevor’s current board and committee positions include the San Diego Workforce Partnership, LEAD San Diego, and JUMA Ventures.
- BLCI Alumnus Class of 2010 – Alumni Representative
- University of California, San Diego-B.A., Philosophy & Political Science
- Parent Representative-Parent of three BLCI students
- Department Chair, University of San Diego
- Harvard University – B.A.
- Stanford University – M.A.
- University of California, San Diego – Ed.D.
- Teach for America – San Diego, Executive Director
- University of California, San Diego- B.S., Management Science
David Lopez, the son of Mexican immigrants, was born and raised in San Diego. As a student in San Diego public schools, David experienced firsthand many of the challenges that make it difficult for students to succeed. After acquiring an A.S. in electronic engineering, he spent six years in sales and marketing in San Diego’s vibrant tech sector. He returned to school in 2008 to acquire his B.S. in management science from UCSD, and then became a 2010 Houston corps member where he taught bilingual Kindergarten and 3rd grade as part of Houston Independent School District. As founding executive director of Teach For America – San Diego, David partners with local schools and districts to help ensure that all students have access to an excellent education.
- Renovate America, Principal
- UCLA Anderson School of Management – MBA
- Stanford University – B.A., Political Science
Victor, a native San Diegan, currently serves as Vice President, Financial Relations for Renovate America, a VC-backed technology firm that has developed a platform to promote the financing of energy and water efficiency home renovations. Through its HERO program, Renovate America lowered barriers for homeowners and has financed nearly $2 billion of home renovations helping consumers lower the operating costs of their homes and reduce greenhouse gas emissions. Prior to Renovate America, Vilaplana was vice president of electric and fuel procurement at San Diego Gas & Electric (SDG&E), a subsidiary of Sempra Energy. Previously, Vilaplana served as director of investor relations and manager of mergers and acquisitions for Sempra Energy. Vilaplana started his career as part of an Institutional Investor ranked equity research team at Morgan Stanley.
- President – SVPR Communications
- Universidad del Valle de Mexico – B.A.